Tell us who you are
The Get-Started Guide
Ready to be a rocket scientist? Here’s how to get set, go!
SESSION 1: WITH A PARENT OR GUARDIAN
1. Do a short demo test across English or Maths, so you can see how Planet BOFA works.
2. Automatic marking will show you:
- Explanations to go with questions answered incorrectly
- Practice questions in areas that need a bit more work, which you should complete
3. Now take the ‘retest’ in the same subject:
- It’s been made just for you, and is unique
- It will focus only on the areas that need more work
4. Here is an instant report showing you:
- Questions answered incorrectly on the retest
- Answers and explanations to go with those questions
- The Q&As organised into topics that need more study time
SESSION 2: ON YOUR OWN
- Do a full-length test
SESSION 3: WITH A PARENT OR GUARDIAN
- Go over the initial questions you didn’t get right
- Do the practice questions
WAIT 2-7 DAYS BEFORE DOING THE ‘RETEST’
Or you’ll be showing off your short-term memory power, not your progress!
SESSION 4: ON YOUR OWN
- Do the ‘retest’
Congratulations! You’ve completed a whole ‘test-and-learn’ cycle.
- Start a new test (usually in a new subject)
FROM SESSION 5 ONWARDS:
Planet BOFA explanations are easy to understand. You’ll be able to progress to doing the practice-question sessions on your own, and managing your own test cycles. When you want to spend more time working independently, talk this through with your family. Our friendly team is always on hand too. Just call or email us.
We know studying at Planet BOFA is fun, but it is important to leave 2-7 days between test and retest on the same paper. If you’re super-keen to progress while you take a break from one test, you can start a new test cycle in a different subject.